South Africa: Holidays, safaris and culture
South Africa offers a diverse mix of culture, scenic beauty and wildlife. From Big 5 safaris to lazy days on unspoiled beaches, from exhilarating nightlife and adventure activities to empty wilderness and incredible landscapes, it's no wonder that South Africa is sometimes called 'the world in one nation'. And don't forget the fantastic cities, from Cape Town to Johannesburg, South Africa has something to suit everyone who comes on holiday here.
Here are just a few of the unique features of South Africa:
- Natural beauty – incredible scenic beauty across the country; from Cape Town's Table Mountain and God’s Window, the coasts, forests and mountains will inspire you. Many opt to travel by car along the Garden Route - a beautiful and scenic trail stretching across the south west coast that will leave you in a state of awe.
- Safari – Whether you’re looking for a 5-star luxury safari or a rustic camping safari, South Africa has it all. Home to the world famous Kruger National Park, as well as many other Big 5 reserves and wildlife sanctuaries, this is the perfect destination for a safari holiday.
- Cape Town. South Africa's 'Mother City' cosmopolitan Cape Town manages to combine its stunning location at the tip of Africa with a huge range of activities, dining options and entertainment venues. Let's face it, a holiday in Cape Town is a must on ony tour of South Africa.
- Adventure – Adrenaline junkies are in for a treat! South Africa boasts countless outdoor adventure activities to suit all tastes. Shark cage diving, surfing, sky diving, abseiling, biking, hiking, bungee jumping, horse riding, helicopter flips, sand boarding and quad biking are all available.
- Great weather – South Africa has a warm, temperate climate with lots of sunshine year round. The weather varies depending on where you go; the Western Cape offers a Mediterranean climate with hot summers and cool, wet winters. KwaZulu Natal enjoys a sub-tropical climate with warm, dry winters and hot, rainy summers.
- Wildlife – South Africa is renowned for the incredible variety of animal, plant and birdlife including many endemic species found in areas such as the fynbos biome.
- Gourmet cuisine and wine – Famous for its world class food and wines, South Africa has many fine dining and gourmet options. From traditional local cuisine to international flavours, the options are vast. Wine lovers and gourmets shouldn't miss out on a trip to the Cape Winelands, where many of the country's best wines are cultivated in beautiful natural surroundings.
- Beaches – Gorgeous sandy beaches stretch along the immense coastlines, and with so much sunshine who could resist them? From remote secret spots to the more popular coastal regions, you’ll be spoiled for choice.