Dates and prices
- Full board accommodation at Sunbird Lodge for 2 nights and Karen Blixen Camp for 3 night
- Hot Air Balloon Safari (If travelling before 31 May 2012)
- Park entrance fees
- Game drives and sightseeing in a custom built safari minibus at Elementaita and in an open-sided 4 x 4 in the Masai Mara
- Professional English speaking driver guide
- Government taxes and levies
- All transportation as per itinerary
- International air fares
- International and domestic departure tax
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff and porters
- Balloon flight available for a surcharge of USD450 (if travelling after the 31 May 2012)
- Any personal purchases and anything not mentioned under 'Included in the Price'
Arrival & Departure Information - Upon arrival in Nairobi you will be met by a representative from Albatros Travel and introduced to your driver guide who will accompany you on the first part of your safari. You will also be transferred to the airport or your hotel at the end of your safari for your onward arrangements. Depending on your flight timings it may be necessary to book an extra night in Nairobi at the beginning or end of your safari (at an additional cost). Please let us know if you would like to be picked up at a hotel or the airport. If you have already booked your flight, let us know your flight details.
Visas - Certain nationalities (including Europeans and citizens of the USA) require a visa to enter Kenya. The current cost of a single-entry visa is USD50 per person. Visas can be purchased on arrival in all major currencies.
Health Requirements - A yellow fever certificate is required if arriving from an endemic area. Please visit your doctor for further medical precautionary advise.
Weather - Given Kenya’s equatorial location the climate is warm year round, however it can get chilly in the early morning and evenings.
Remember to pack - A fleece jacket for early morning and late evenings, long sleeved tops and light trousers for the evenings, sensible walking shoes, a sun-hat and a swimming costume. Binoculars and camera with spare memory chips.
Time difference - GMT +3 hours
Capital City - Nairobi
Major Languages - Swahili & English
Plug Size - British 13 amp three pin plug
Voltage - 230V
International Dialling Code - +254
Rates quoted are inclusive of current statutory taxes but are subject to change in case of any taxation or levy increases.