Romantic Things to Do On Valentines
There is no better view of the city than the one you get from the air, and your date will feel like a movie star. Soar over the majestic mountain ranges of the Cape Peninsula, across the glistening oceans, as you take in the bird’s eye view of the Mother City. We recommend NAC Helicopters and Cape Town Helicopters
Cape Town is a wine-lover’s paradise, with stunning estates in the Helderberg region, Constantia, and the Cape Winelands. Whether you’re living in or visiting the Western Cape means that you are spoilt for choice when it comes to indulging in a mind-blowing wine tasting session. With world-class wine regions and top-notch wine farms practically on your doorstep, a mouth-watering sip-and-swirl sitting is often, literally, minutes away while other regions take 2 hours.
WINE AND CHOCOLATE PAIRING: A PERFECT MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!
Wine and chocolate. What could possibly go wrong? That’s right. Nothing. Nothing could go wrong. In fact, nothing could be more right. Experience five pairing samples in Durbanville Hills:
- Durbanville Hills Rose, paired with the Blushing Bride, a silky, dark chocolate with a rich, berry flavour that naturally enhances the fresh fruit nose of the wine.
- Durbanville Hills Merlot and Midnight in the Karoo, a fresh mint chocolate that grasps hold of the minty notes in the Merlot and brings them crashing across your palate.
- Durbanville Hills Pinotage paired with Atlantic Dusk was third in the queue but was a clear winner for me. I do enjoy a good Pinotage and the estate’s is superb on its own – paired with this delicate hazelnut it is an absolute dynamo. A contrast of tastes and scents, this particular pairing left a lasting mark.
- Cabernet Sauvignon, paired with Echoes of Good Hope, didn’t quite live up to the Pinotage, but rich chocolate with strong bursts of red fruit does well to combine with the natural heaviness of the wine and adds to the woody palate.
- Shiraz with the Cape Malay Spice chocolate was incredible. With each bite, followed by a healthy sip, the flavours mixed together, really maxing out the flavours in both. It really is quite incredible… As is the pairing experience.
SUNSET CABLE CAR TRIP UP TABLE MOUNTAIN
Take your love to dizzying heights and watch from atop Table Mountain as the sun sets and the city becomes awash in hues of pink and orange. Affording spectacular 360-degree views over Cape Town and the surrounding Atlantic Ocean, this iconic landmark is the ideal location from which to sweep that special (or soon-to-be special) someone in your life off their feet while twilight comes to rest
COUPLE’S MASSAGE PAMPERING
Cape Town has a lot to boast about when it comes to top spas and retreats. Treat yourself and your partner to a couple’s massage at any one of the amazing spas in Cape Town. On holiday in Cape Town and need some “me” time, decided to spoil a friend for their birthday – or perhaps you need a pampering before your special day? Whatever it may be, these spas offer some unique and unforgettable treatments.
WATCH MOVIES UNDER THE STARS
Movie dates are a classic, and you can take it to the next level with the Galileo Open Air Cinema. Shows sell out fast though, particularly on Valentine’s Day, so book quickly. This experience is weather-dependent and closes over the rainy months, so check the listings before making plans. The Galileo Open Air Cinema invites you to a magical outdoor movie experience like no other. Taking place at some of the most picturesque locations that Cape Town has to offer, with a wide variety of smash hits, cult classics and fun family favourites – there’s something for everyone!